Gmail like spell checker for your own application.
GoogieSpell is a spell checker that you can use in your own web-application.
- Supports 27 languages
- Well tested and works on IE 5.5, IE 6.0, IE 7, FF 1.0+, Safari, Opera, with more
- Generic, extendable and easy to install
- AJAX based (without page-reloading)
- Used to spell check more than 1 billion texts (commercially)
- Lightweight (around 50 KB)
- Well documented
- With GoogieSpell Multiple it's possible to spell check multiple text fields at once
- GoogieSpell is licensed under Creative Common Non Commercial license and can't be used in commercial products unless you buy a license
Try GoogieSpell yourself:
GoogieSpell includes demo.html, look at this file to see a lot more examples on how GoogleSpell can be used and configured.
What browsers are supported?
- IE 5.5 and 6
- Firefox 1.x
- Safari 2
- Opera 8.5 and 9.0
- Netscape 7.x
It may work with other browsers as well.